Without the people who use, pay for, and recommend your services, your company quite simply wouldn’t exist. That’s exactly why customer service is the most important thing when it comes to every aspect of how you run your business.
- Let customers know they matter. Look for ways to pay your clients sincere compliments, as well as show them how glad you are that they choose your company to do business with.
- Anticipate needs and desires. People make purchasing decisions based on emotion, so focus on ways your services can solve your customers’ problems.
- Know how to listen. People want to feel heard and understood. Your customers are no different, so give them your absolute respect and undivided attention.
- Help them avoid confusion. Go out of your way to simplify the process of doing business with you to the greatest extent possible. Convenience is a huge part of great customer service.
- Back your words with actions. It’s all fine and dandy to promise a customer something, but it’s imperative that you follow up with actions that match.
- Grant requests whenever possible. So long as the request is reasonable and doable, it literally pays to say “yes” to a customer’s request. It’s the best way to make them feel heard, seen, appreciated, and understood.
- Ask for feedback. Encourage your customers to give you feedback on how you’re doing, as well as make it easy for them to do so. Then take both the good and the bad of what they have to say into consideration.
- Apologize and make amends. Customer complaints offer a business owner valuable opportunities to get better at what they do, as well as establish trust. If something goes awry, offer a prompt apology. Promise to make it right, and then do exactly what you said you would.
- Always over-deliver. Businesses with loyal customers are invariably businesses that go above and beyond. Look for ways to give your customers more than what’s expected, and watch what happens.
- Value your employees. Your employees are your company’s direct link to your customers, so keeping them happy is a critical part of customer service. Look for ways to thank them for everything they do, and reward their ongoing hard work.
People like to feel good and they will always do business with companies that assure them they’re important. Always be on the lookout for ways to let your customers know how much they matter.